Not sure who to play as in the popular League of Legends mode? Our ARAM tier list is here to help you. In this guide, we rank all of the characters from S tier to D tier, allowing you to waste no time in guessing which characters to use. What’s more, we’ll keep it updated alongside new character additions and balance patches. So, we recommend that you bookmark this page and check back often.
ARAM is a popular game mode in the world’s biggest MOBA, League of Legends. It eschews the typical three lane format for a single lane, and is much faster-paced as a result. In fact, it almost plays more like a team deathmatch mode, with characters respawning faster.
You can learn more about it on the official site. If you’re looking for something new to play, check out our Divine Knockout tier list, Fangs tier list, and League of Legends Worlds songs tier list.
ARAM Tier List
Now, we’ll go through our actual tier list, including an explanation of the tiers and some FAQs.
Before we move onto the tier list though, we thought we’d quickly explain what our tiers mean:
- S Tier: These are the best characters to play in the mode, and you should definitely aim to use them in your team.
- A Tier: These characters can hold their own in ARAM just fine, but might require a bit of mastery on your part to get the most out of.
- B Tier: Characters in this tier are neither particularly good or bad at ARAM. They won’t let you down, but nor will they excel. You can do better though.
- C Tier: These characters have niche uses within ARAM. They might be good when desperately trying to defend, or when everything’s going well on the offensive, but they aren’t well-balanced enough to excel in all circumstances.
- D Tier: We don’t recommend using these characters under any circumstance, unless you absolutely have to because you have nothing else.
The best characters to play in ARAM.
- Miss Fortune
Great characters in their own right that might require mastery to get the most out of.
These characters are neither good nor bad at ARAM. They’re unlikely to make a huge impact on the game.
- Dr. Mundo
- Lee Sin
- Master Yi
- Renata Glasc
- Twisted Fate
Characters in this tier are solid in niche circumstances, but are otherwise worth avoiding.
- Jarvan IV
Skip these characters completely.
- Aurelion Sol
- Tahm Kench
- Xin Zhao
ARAM Tier List FAQ
Now we’ll answer a bunch of questions you may have about ARAM or tier lists in general.
What Is A Tier List?
A tier list is a list of characters that you can unlock in a game – particularly a gacha game – ordered from best to worst. We rank from S tier to D tier, with S being best and D being worst.
The purpose of a tier list is to help you, the player, determine who the best characters to unlock are, so you can save time and money. Once you know who the best characters are, you can form a party out of them and ignore the others.
How Did We Pick Our ARAM Tier List?
We used a combination of the following factors when deciding on our ARAM tier list:
- Personal experience
- Community feedback
- General consensus from other tier lists
However, it’s worth noting that tier lists are subjective by nature. This is based on our experience with the game, but yours may vary. So, we recommend that you take this with a pinch of salt and play ARAM for yourself.
How Often Do We Update Our ARAM Tier List?
We update this tier list regularly to ensure that it always follows the latest meta. Typically, you can expect an update around the following happenings:
- A new character releases
- Balance changes
There may be a small delay between the above two events as we’ll return to the game to check out the new character for ourselves, or to see how the balance patches have affected things.